ACC 565 Week 4 Assignment 2 Constructive Dividends, Redemptions, and Related Party Losses (2 Papers)
This Tutorial was purchased 10 times & rated B+ by student like you.
This Tutorial contains following Attachments
- ACC 565 Week 4 Assignment 2 Constructive Dividends, Redemptions, and Related Party Losses.zip
This Tutorial contains 2 Different Papers
This paper of ACC 565 Week 4 Assignment 2
Assignment 2 :Constructive Dividends, Redemptions, and Related Party Losses
Suppose you are a CPA hired to represent a client that is currently under examination by the IRS. The client is the president and 95% shareholder of a building supply sales and warehousing business. He also owns 50% of the stock of a construction company. The remaining 50% of the stock of the construction company is owned by the clients son. The client has received a Notice of Proposed Adjustments (NPA) on three (3) significant issues related to the building supply business for the years under examination. The issues identified in the NPA are unreasonable compensation, stock redemptions, and a rental loss. Additional facts regarding the issues are reflected below:
· Unreasonable compensation: The taxpayer receives a salary of $10 million composed of a $5 million base salary plus 5% of gross receipts not to exceed $5 million. The total gross receipts of the building supply business are $300 million. The NPA by the IRS disallows the salary based on 5% of gross receipts as a constructive dividend
· Stock redemptions: During the audit period, the construction company redeemed 50% of the outstanding stock owned by the client and 50% of the stock owned by the clients son, leaving each with the same ownership percentage of 50%. The redemption was treated as a distribution under Section 301 of the IRC by the IRS.
· Rental loss: The rental loss results from a building leased to the construction company owned by the client and his son.
Write a three page paper in which you:
1. Based on your research and the facts stated in the scenario, prepare a recommendation for the client in which you advise either acceptance of the proposed adjustments or further appeal of the issue based on the potential for prevailing on appeal.
2. Create a tax plan for the future redemption of the clients stock owned in the construction company that will not be taxed according to Section 301 of the IRC.
3. Propose a strategy for the client to receive similar amounts in compensation in the future and avoid the taxation as a constructive dividend.
4. Use the six (6) step tax research process to record your research for communications to the client.
Use the Internet and databases to research the rules and income tax laws regarding unreasonable compensation, stock redemptions treated as dividends and related party losses. Be sure to use the six (6) step tax research process in Chapter 1 and demonstrated in Appendix A of your textbook as a guide for your written response.
Write a reviewOrder Id
Order Id will be kept Confidential
Rating: A B C D F
Enter the code in the box below:
ACC 565 Midterm Exam Guide Question 1 Identify which of the following statements is false. Question..
ACC 565 Final Exam Guide Question 1 Barbara sells a house with an FMV of $170,000 to her daughter for $120,000. From this transaction, Barbara is deemed to have made a gift (before the annual exclusion) of  ..
ACC 565 Week 10 Assignment 4 Tax-Planning Client Letter on Irrevocable Trusts, Gift Tax, and Estate Tax
ACC 565 Week 10 Assignment 4 Letter to Client TAX-PLANNING CLIENT LETTER ON IRREVOCABLE TRUSTS, GIFT TAX, AND ESTATE TAX Suppose you are a CPA, and your client has requested advice regarding establishing an irrevocable trust for his two (2) grandchildren. He wants the income from the tru..
ACC 565 Week 7 Assignment 3 Reorganizations and Consolidated Tax contains Due Week 7 and worth 250 points Suppose you are a CPA, and you have a corporate client that has been operating for several years. The company is considering expansion through reorganizations. The company currently h..
This Tutorial contains 2 Different Papers ACC 565 Assignment 1 Client Letter Assignment 1: Client Letter Imagine that you are a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with a new client who needs an opinion on the most advantageous capital structure of a new corporation...